Statement of Faith
The objective of the apostles in the New Testament was to see churches planted and protect the church from heresy. By “apostolic” we believe that we are called to not only reach the lost by preaching the good news of Jesus Christ, but to also equip local churches to reproduce themselves in other locations, in accordance with the New Testament. The term “apostolic” also carries with it an understanding that God has given that five-fold ministry gift to the body, and that it is functional today. • We believe in the Scriptures, the infallible Word of God containing sixty-six books, as being fully inspired by God. The Bible is the supreme and final authority in all matters on which it speaks.
• We believe in one eternal God who has revealed Himself in three Persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit; distinguishable yet indivisible and of one substance.
• We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, where He is now exalted above all else.
• We believe in the creation account, as recorded in Genesis, and in the test and fall of man. As a result of the fall, people remain spiritually depraved, separated from God, and unable to attain right standing with God, apart from Jesus Christ
• We believe that the salvation of sinful people is essential and is wholly dependent upon the work of God's free grace. Salvation is manifested through our repentance, plus faith in Christ and His finished work on the cross. Through His work, not our own, we obtain the remissions of sins and become God's children: heirs of eternal life.
• We believe in water baptism by immersion in order to fulfill the command of Christ. We also believe in the baptism of the Holy Spirit as an experience at or subsequent to salvation and evidenced by various signs.
• We believe in the Holy Spirit, who has come to glorify Christ, to convict people of sin and to draw us to the Savior, Jesus. We believe the Holy Spirit indwells God's children, gives new life, empowers believers for service, imparts spiritual gifts, enables believers to live a fruitful, holy and spirit filled life, and guides believers into all truth.
• We believe in one true universal Church consisting of genuine believers and in the visible expression of that church in local congregations. Local churches are under the headship of Jesus and governed by elders. We believe that Jesus has commissioned the church to propagate the gospel, administer the sacraments of baptism and communion, exercise scriptural discipline and administer all of it's local works.
• We believe in the second coming of Christ, physical and visible, to judge the living and the dead, receive His church, and to consummate human history in the plan of God.
• We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost. They that are saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and they that are lost unto the resurrection of eternal damnation with Satan and all fallen angels.